Friday, December 02, 2011

Preseason Projections Reviewed


Vacation to Maui
Originally uploaded by pete4ducks.
Here were my projections pre-season. included are notes as to what really happened . . .

North: Well reverse WSU and OSU and I nailed this one the injury to Jeff Teul was the biggest factor here I think.

1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. UW
4. Cal
5. WSU
6. OSU

South: Well I whiffed on UCLA I guess but as expected this division was a joke in 2011.

1. USC
2. Utah
3. ASU
4. UA
5. CU
6. UCLA

Champion in a blowout UO over Utah at Autzen Stadium. I am calling it a few hours early but like Oregon big tonight over UCLA.

Pac 12 Offensive POY: Andrew Luck Not that I went out on a limb here but got this one correct . . .
Pac 12 Defensive POY: Shayne Skov Skov was hurt in September on the bad grass of Tucson Mychal Kendricks from Cal ended up winning

Freshman of the Year: George Farmer USC Farmer didn’t play until mid-season and played RB – Marqise Lee and DeAnthony Thomas were both dominant and shared the award

Breakout Star: Markus Wheaton OSU – Wheaton had a good season but only scored 1 TD – If I were to pick again I take Curtis McNeal from USC or Keith Price from UW

Coach of the Year: Kyle Whittingham - The cupboard was pretty bare for Utah at the skill positions overall a disappointing year one in SLC. David Shaw won it but I think that Lane Kiffin should have.
Hot Trend for 2012: At least two new coaches in the South – Got this and well really should have said it would be 3


Trending Up: WSU – This may have come true had they been healthy at QB this year.

Trending Down: UA – UA was not in a bowl this year and fired their coach Mike Stoops mid-season

Bowling: UO, Stanford, UW, Cal, Utah, ASU – UCLA got a waiver and is eligible even though they will finish 6-7

Don’t be shocked if: Utah “wins” the South with 4 conference losses – Had they not crapped the bed against CU this would have happened instead UCLA pulled off the feat despite getting boat raced 50-0 in their final game versus USC

Team I could be very wrong on: OSU – Nope OSU was in the words of Dennis Greene “what we thought they are”

Call me crazy but : One of either Mike Stoops or Rick Neuheisal don’t survive October – Surprisingly Rick made it to late November I was wrong on this one – Stanford could have lost to USC and Cal but Luck pulled those both off and well Oregon destroyed Stanford.but I was correct on Mike

Fairly certain: Only one Pac 12 team will play in a BCS bowl and it will be Oregon in the Rose Bowl – I hope this doesn’t happen, it will be a raw deal if Stanford doesn’t make the Fiesta Bowl

You heard it here first: Stanford beats Oregon but loses two other games in league play – I was wrong on this one – Stanford could have lost to USC and Cal but Luck pulled those both off and well Oregon destroyed Stanford.

No comments:

Post a Comment