Thursday, March 15, 2007

NCAA Tournament Day One

Wow I've pretty much watched the first two days of the NCAA tournament yearly going back to about 1986 and I can't recall a more boring first session of games as the early games have been today. I guess the tourney seeded well but it makes for a boring day. Round one going to seed will likely mean a ton of upsets in round 2 because there will be so few low seeds left. Favorites going 8 for 8 and only one game finished with a margin of under 10. Interestingly we are able to wtach games on 2 channels on our Comcast Digital Cable (Emily figured it out that channel 306 is something like local CBS 2) so I am flipping back between Duke/VCU and Ohio State/CCSU. I picked VCU as one of my upsets but I think the refs are doing whatever they can to ensure Duke wins this one. I've seen 3 awful calls that have bailed out Duke, call it a a conspiracy or don't but Duke gets more calls than any other team in the country. I figure David Stern is behind it (just kidding commish!). Well Duke has just gone on a 7-0 run to make this a 9 point game, with UCLA and Ohio State rolling looks like the only chance for an "upset" is Mich St over Marquette (zero points in the first ten minutes by the way and no McNeil due to his thumb injury). Hopefully the night ends with some good games.

No comments:

Post a Comment