Friday, November 18, 2005

Pac 10 Basketball predictions

Oh first I want to preface this by saying I am way behind on my research. Since moving up to Portland I have way less free time than I did in Eugene for a variety of reasons that are mainly good. I am pretty much throwing these picks up based on who is returning from last year and I have yet to see any games from Pac 10 squads this year. However come February I promise that I will be a Pac 10 hoops expert again. Here are my picks:

1. Arizona - some good senior leadership along with quality youngsters
2. UCLA - Bringing East Coast toughness to the Pac 10
3. Washington - Brockman looks to be a candidate for Pac 10 Frosh of the year
4. Stanford - Cagey, experienced need to avoid injury bug of last year
5. Cal - So much depends on Powe's health
6. Oregon - Lots of upside, I wonder about the chemistry though, Kent can't afford another year not playing in the NCAA's with the recruits he has pulled in
7. Oregon State - Scrappy team, we shall see how they replace Lucas
8. WSU - No one likes to play WSU . . .
9. USC - hope is renewed with Floyd at the helm . . . I miss Doctor Evil though
10. Arizona State - this will be Evans swansong, if they couldn't win with Diogu how are they gonna win with out him

No comments:

Post a Comment