Monday, October 31, 2005

Pac 10 Power Poll and weekend thoughts . . .

I was at the coast this weekend, I caught large chunks of the WSU-USC game and the Stanford-UCLA "instant classic" . . .

Here are my Pac 10 Power Rankings

1. USC - Over 400 yards offense in the first half, nuff said!
2. UCLA - Like UW in 2000 and Oregon in 2001 this team just finds a way to win games
3. UO - I think the national media is expectign a collaspe, I think people who follow the team closely are expecting very little drop off. I see somewhere in the middle.
4. Stanford - Very weird to see them here, I thought they would give UCLA a battle and they did but I also thought UCLA would come back and they did. The big game should actually be intersting this year.
5. Cal - Decimated by injuries and overrated due to a very easy early schedule . . . but I think they will give Oregon a game becuase Tedford and Bellotti always play close games against eachother. In Oregon's favor is that Cal struggled with the spread last year when they played Texas Tech.
6. Arizona - Played Oregon tough, better hands by recievers could have meant a W against Oregon and the win at OSU was impressive though I can't comment on the game as I didn't see it.
7. Oregon State - Losing to U of A may have cost Riley and company a bowl bid.
8. Arizona State - Kind of gave up on the year I think, reminds me of Oregon in 2002.
9. Washington State - Well at least they get to play the Huskies this year.
10. Washington - They sure have a good crew team at Montlake . . .

Back to my BCS discussion and Oregon the positive was the Fresno State beat Hawaii. Not so good was Stanford blowing the lead to UCLA. Unless Shockley returns for the Auburn game and leads UGA to a win I do believe that Georgia will end the season with 3 losses

No comments:

Post a Comment